The Ides of Trump was a resounding success, so we're back for ROUND 2...
~The Taxing of Ryan~
On Monday, April 17th, each of us will mail the Janesville, Wisconsin office of House Speaker Paul Ryan a postcard — or MANY postcards — each publicly expressing our vast disappointment in him. Ryan's craven collapse before the dodgy, dangerous policy initiatives of the new president will not stand. This looming, grinning, morally-bankrupt billboard for Ayn Rand has sold out our country to goons, special interests, and con-artists.
- So he can savage the Affordable Care Act.
- So he can roll back the rights and regulations that make America the land of the free and the home of the brave.
- So he can establish his own political future amid the smoking ruins of the U.S.A.
Not that long ago, Ryan had a spine. Sure, a wretched, neo-con politician's spine, but a spine nonetheless. He called out Trump for being a divisive, dangerous, and morally bankrupt candidate and refused to endorse him.
At least until Trump won.
And then, just like that, Ryan's spine and his last shred of dignity disappeared.
Ever since, he has stood hip-to-hip with this brutal, inept administration, all in order to turn his Fountainhead dreams into our crushing reality.
Let's do something about that. Let us, in vast numbers from all corners of the world, overwhelm Ryan with our clear message:
Not going to happen. Not on our watch.
PREPARE FOR April 17TH, 2017,
A DAY HEREAFTER TO BE KNOWN AS #THETAXINGOFryan.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
1. Get a mess of postcards.
[Coming soon: official Taxing of Ryan cards that fundraise for Ryan's 2018 congressional challenger; watch this space!]
2. Match each card you write with a donation — the amount is up to you. We're working on setting up a fund to support Ryan's 2018 congressional challenger but until that's ready, we recommend Swing Left, the ACLU, the Southern Poverty Law Center, Planned Parenthood, and EarthJustice.
3. Add your own messages to your cards. We encourage everyone to start with the phrase: "Remember when..."
"Remember when you called Trump the 'textbook definition of racist'?"
"Remember when you cared about what happened to America?"
"Remember when you seemed to have a promising career in politics?"
4. Take a picture of your cards and post it on social media tagged with #TheIdes, please. This will help us verify our numbers. Do it when your cards are ready and AGAIN on 4/17 to help launch a Twitter flood.
5. Spread the word! Everyone on Earth can let Paul Ryan know how they feel about how he's enabled the unmitigated catastrophe that is a Donald J. Trump's presidency. This travesty affects us all.
6. Then, on April 17th, NO MATTER WHERE YOU LIVE, mail your cards to:
20 South Main Street, Suite 10
Janesville, WI 53545
7. Get ready for the NEXT postcard campaign, and the next, and the next — because we’re not going away. We will make ourselves heard by joining together. And together, we will wield the kind of political clout that can’t be ignored.
Questions? See our FAQ.
THE ONLY RULE IS NO VIOLENCE, THREATS OF VIOLENCE, OR INSINUATIONS OF VIOLENCE. THIS IS ABOUT BEING HEARD, VIA POSTCARDS, and the only threat we're making is that we're going to vote, and donate, and never stop resisting.
Connect with us online: